Last updated: February 2024
Cancellation / No-Show Policy
At ADHD Direct, we understand that there are times when missing an appointment cannot be prevented. Emergencies and abrupt changes of plan happen to us all. However, when patients do not call to cancel their appointment ahead of time, it may prevent other patients from booking and receiving our services. That is why it is extremely important that if you cannot attend your appointment, you contact us straight away to let us know.
If patients are unable to attend their appointment, we ask that they call our clinic as soon as possible on 0141 280 9201 – or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patients who cancel/reschedule more than 48 hours before the date/time of the appointment, will be entitled to a 100% refund of the missed appointment.
- Patients who cancel/reschedule within a period of 48-24 hours before the date/time of the appointment will be entitled to a 50% refund of the missed appointment. In this case, the other 50% of the cost will be held by ADHD Direct as a late cancellation fee.
- Patients who cancel/reschedule within a period of 0-24 hours before the date/time of the appointment, or who fail to provide any notice of cancellation, will be entitled to a 0% refund of the missed appointment. In this case, 100% of the appointment cost will be held by ADHD Direct as a late cancellation fee.
We understand that lateness can happen – however we ask that all our patients endeavour to attend their appointments on time, so as not to waste clinician time and resources. If a patient is more than ten minutes late to an appointment, ADHD Direct will reschedule the appointment and the patient will be required to:
- Pay 100% of the appointment fee (if the appointment attended late was a Medication Review or ADHD Coaching Session).
- Pay the full deposit of the appointment (if the appointment attended late was an ADHD Assessment).
Medication Reviews with our Clinical Assistant
If a patient cancels or reschedules an appointment with our Clinical Assistant more than 2 working days before the scheduled date and time, they will be offered another free appointment. However, if the cancellation is made less than 2 working days before the appointment or the patient fails to attend without prior notice, the patient will not be offered another free appointment.
ADHD Direct uses ‘Stripe’, a payment platform that allows us to collect fees prior to a patient’s appointment. When a patient cancels their appointment, a small cancellation fee will be deducted from their final refund. Stripe cancellation fees are as stated below:
- 1.4% + 20p cancellation fee for UK cards (+1.1% for European Economic Area)
- 2.9% + 20p cancellation fee for international cards.
The Stripe cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund before the money is transferred back to the patient’s bank account. The amount deducted from the refund is equal to the amount that is paid by ADHD Direct to Stripe at the time of processing the original booking/payment. ADHD Direct will not otherwise charge for the processing of refunds. The cancellation fee only covers the small cost paid by ADHD Direct to Stripe.
Refunds will be paid back to the patient’s original method of payment.